We at Chardon Schools are deeply committed to providing open lines of communication both within our schools and via outreach to our valued Chardon community. Our Communications Department's top priority is to share our school community news with you and be available to actively receive and listen to community feedback.
As a school district, we have day-to-day updates to publicize, successes to celebrate, community service projects to highlight, and board meeting news to disseminate.
No news is small news. We value each student's educational journey. And while certainly we cheer for the big victories, it is equally important to us to journal the smaller steps along the way. Those individual steps are the building blocks that shape the learning process and ultimately guide a student toward their own unique post-graduation pathway.
Chardon Schools' primary channels for sharing information include our:
- Open Lines newsletter, a bi-annual, printed publication mailed to all 44024 postcode residences and businesses
- Topper Talk electronic newsletter, a digital publication published 1-2 times/month and distributed via email and also uploaded to this webpage
- District media releases submitted weekly (during the school year) to local newspapers, including Geauga Maple Leaf, News Herald, Geauga Times Courier and Geauga Good News (note: the district's media releases can be found in the Schools sections of each newspaper)
- District News webpage, which can be accessed via our homepage or simply by clicking HERE
- Blackboard Connect emails for event and notification messaging to parents and staff
- Facebook, Twitter and Instagram social media pages
- BoardDocs page where monthly meeting agendas and minutes, as well as video overviews, can be readily accessed
- Quality Profile, our annual activities report that helps characterize the overall educational value of our school district in areas that matter most in our community (note: the Quality Profile report can be found on this Communications webpage)
- Quarterly Highlights Videos (new as of 2019-20), available on this Communications webpage
We continue to strive for excellence in our communications presence in the Chardon community and hope you will follow our social media pages and regularly check in with our publications.
If you would like to be added to the Topper Talk electronic newsletter distribution list, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Communications Director, Kelly Misch, at the email address listed below. We would be glad to welcome you aboard to our Topper Talk readership.
Your questions, as well as your feedback, are always welcome.