Welcome to Chardon Local Schools
We look forward to welcoming your family to our school community
and are dedicated to making this a smooth transition
for you and your child.
Please use this page as a guide to ensure
your registration is accurate and complete.
At this time, the registration steps below are exclusively for students entering PreK - Grade 12
in the current - 2020-21 - school year.
Registration of NEW students (residing in the Chardon Local School District and entering PreK - Grade 12 in Fall 2021) will open on FEBRUARY 1, 2021. Please return to this page at that time
for 2021-22 registration instructions.
Open enrollment applications for the 2021-22 school year (students who reside outside of the district) will become available on March 1, 2021 and extend through March 26, 2021. Intradistrict applications for the 2021-22 school year (exclusively for transfers between Munson Elementary and Park Elementary schools) will become available on March 1, 2021 and extend through March 26, 2021. Please return to this page on March 1, 2021 for 2021-22 open enrollment and intradistrict applications.
Please note that Chardon Schools is no longer accepting any NEW OPEN ENROLLMENT applications (students who reside outside of the Chardon Local School District) for the current - 2020-21 - school year.
IMPORTANT: WHEN REGISTERING YOUR STUDENT,
PLEASE USE A COMPUTER/LAPTOP [not a mobile device]
2020-21 PRESCHOOL - GRADE 12 REGISTRATION
1) To parents/guardians of incoming Kindergarten students:
Your child must be five (5) years old on or before August 1, 2020 to attend Kindergarten in Fall 2020.
2) To parents/guardians of incoming PreK students:
To learn about Tiny Toppers Preschool prior to registering, please visit the school's website HERE.
3) To parents/guardians of incoming K-12 students interested in 100% Virtual Classes (remote learning option for the entire 2020-21 school year): Please see the Virtual Classes section of this page for more information. First, however, we ask that your register your new, incoming child with the district by following ALL the enrollment instructions listed below prior to filling out a 2020-21 K-7 Virtual Classes application or contacting the high school virtual classes counselor.
For families with a child already enrolled in the district, you may register your new incoming 2020-21 student (PreK - Grade 12) by following these steps:
1) Log onto the Parent Portal https://lgca.infinitecampus.org/campus/portal/chardon.jsp
2) After successful login, click "More" on the bottom left.
3) Click "Online Registration" and proceed with registration.
For new families (no children currently enrolled in Chardon Schools), you may register your new incoming 2020-21 student (PreK - Grade 12) via one of the following links:
FOR ALL REGISTRATIONS:
Once you have completed the registration steps described above, you must provide the following documents [SEE 1-7 BELOW] to the Board of Education Office.
- Original copy of your child's birth certificate.
- One proof of residency: deed/building permit/completed rental or purchase agreement, property tax statement, voter registration card, completion of residency affidavit form, OR completion of residency verification form.
- Immunization records - see immunization requirements HERE.
- If applicable, any legal documents pertaining to family arrangements (i.e. guardianship, custody, etc.).
- Release of Records from former school (if applicable). Please see release of records form.
- Proof of physical examination completed within the past year. This pertains to Kindergarten Registration only. For Preschool Registration, please see the Tiny Toppers Preschool website for registration information specific to preschool students.
- If applicable, a copy of child's most recent ETR, IEP, and/or 504 Plan.