Welcome to Chardon Local Schools
We look forward to welcoming you
and are dedicated to making this a smooth transition
for you and your Hilltopper student(s).
If you have questions after reviewing all instructions on this page, please contact Board Secretary Christine Creviston.
Email: [email protected]
Instructions for Registration 2022-23
IMPORTANT: when registering your student online, please do not use a mobile device.
For existing Chardon Schools families registering your new incoming student:
1) Log onto the Parent Portal
2) After successful login, click "More" on the lower left.
3) Click "Online Registration" and proceed with registration.
For NEW Chardon Schools families registering a student for the first time (who do not already have a student enrolled):
Use Link 1 if you have an email address:
Use Link 2 if you DO NOT have an email address:
For families applying for INTRA District Transfer
(2022-23 transfers between Munson Elementary and Park Elementary)
After completing the online registration steps described above, you must provide the following documents
[SEE 1-7 BELOW].
Once you have your documents ready, you will need to schedule an appointment to complete your registration and turn in those documents.
KDG - Grade 12
Call 440.285.4052 to schedule your documents appointment with the Board of Education Office.
Call 440.285.4066 to schedule the documents appointment with the Chardon Early Learning Center.
Important: Your student cannot be officially enrolled until we have received all required documents from the student's parent or guardian.
1. Original copy of your child's birth certificate.
2. One proof of residency:
3. Immunization records
Ohio Department of Health resource documents are listed below for your reference:
4. If applicable, any legal documents pertaining to family arrangements (i.e. guardianship, custody)
5. Release of Records from former school (if applicable). Please see our release of records form.
6. Proof of physical examination completed within the past year. This pertains to Kindergarten and new 1st-Grade Registrations only.
7. If applicable, a copy of child's most recent ETR, IEP, and/or 504 Plan.
Questions About the Registration Process?
Contact information for Board Secretary Christine Creviston is listed above.
Ms. Creviston will be glad to assist you.