Welcome to Chardon Local Schools! We are happy to include your family as part of our school community and hope to make this transition for you and your child as easy as possible. Please use this page as a guide to ensure your registration is accurate and complete.
**IMPORTANT: WHEN REGISTERING YOUR STUDENT,
PLEASE USE A COMPUTER/LAPTOP [not a mobile device]**
2020-21 REGISTRATION FOR: PRESCHOOL - GRADE 12
K-12 Registration [see links below] begins February 1, 2020.
Note: Students must be five (5) years old on or before August 1, 2020 to attend Kindergarten in Fall 2020.
Preschool Registration [see links below] begins March 1, 2020.
To learn about Tiny Toppers Preschool, please visit its website HERE.
2020-21 IN-DISTRICT (Resident)
For Chardon families (residing in the district) with a child currently enrolled in the district, you may register your new incoming 2020-21 student (preK - Grade 12) by following these steps:
1) Log onto the Parent Portal https://lgca.infinitecampus.org/campus/portal/chardon.jsp
2) After successful login, click "More" on the bottom left.
3) Click "Online Registration" and proceed with registration.
For Chardon families (residing in the district) but new (no children currently registered) to Chardon Schools, you may register your new incoming 2020-21 student (pre-K - Grade 12) via one of the following links:
2020-21 OPEN ENROLLMENT - OUT of DISTRICT (Non-Resident)
For families (residing outside the district), Open Enrollment applications for your child(ren) for the 2020-21 school year are available via the links below. Open enrollment begins on March 1, 2020.
NOTE to FAMILIES APPLYING FOR 2020-21 OPEN ENROLLMENT: Once you have completed an open enrollment application via one of the above links, we kindly ask that you await an acceptance letter prior to proceeding to the 7 steps listed below.
FOR ALL [PreK - GRADE 12] IN-DISTRICT (Resident) CHARDON SCHOOLS REGISTRATIONS:
Once you have completed the online enrollment described above, you must provide the following documents [SEE 1-7 BELOW] to the Board of Education Office.
UPDATE: During this time of school building closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will not be scheduling in-person appointments for the 2020-21 school year. Therefore, we kindly ask that you send in the following documents (SEE 1-7 below) via one (1) of the following methods:
Questions? Please contact Corine Casalina at firstname.lastname@example.org OR call 440-286-0402.
- scan/email the documents to email@example.com
- OR fax the documents to 440-285-7229
- OR mail the documents to:
428 North Street
Chardon, OH 44024
ATTN: Corine Casalina
1. Original copy of your child's birth certificate
2. One proof of residency, e.g. Deed/building permit/completed rental or purchase agreement, property tax statement, Voter Registration Card, completion of Residency Affidavit Form, or completion of Residency Verification Form.
3. Immunization records (Immunization Requirements HERE)
4. If applicable, any legal documents pertaining to family situations (i.e., guardianship, custody).
5. Release of Records from former school (if applicable) Release of Records Form
6. Proof of physical examination completed within the past year (Kindergarten Registration only; for Preschoolers - see the Tiny Toppers Preschool website HERE for information specific to preschool registration.)
7. If applicable, a copy of most recent ETR, IEP, and/or 504 Plan.
2019-20 REGISTRATION FOR GRADES K-12
To enroll your child in Chardon Local Schools during the 2019-20 school year, please use the Parent Portal OR REGISTRATION links as shown above. To attend Kindergarten in the 2019-20 school year, a child must reside in the Chardon Local School District and be five (5) years old on or before August 1, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in Chardon Local Schools. We look forward to working with you during your student's educational journey.
Questions? Please contact us at 440-285-4052.