In addition to the Covid-19 screening information presented below, the following requirements are also in place for open gym & tryouts:
- Students must wear a face mask when entering and leaving the gym.
- Students must bring their own water bottle.
Dear 7th & 8th Grade Parents/Guardians:
Chardon is looking forward to kicking off the 2020 middle school boys basketball season!
Open Gyms & Tryouts @ Chardon Middle School Gym
7th Grade (**Please see Covid-19 screening information below.**)
- Open Gym
- Thursday, Oct. 15, 7:30pm-9:00pm
- Monday, Oct. 19, 5:30pm - 7:00pm
- Tuesday, Oct. 20, 5:30pm - 7:00pm
8th Grade (**Please see Covid-19 screening information below.**)
- Open Gym
- Wednesday, Oct. 14, 7:30pm - 9:00pm
- Monday, Oct. 19, 7:15pm - 8:45pm
- Tuesday, Oct. 20, 7:15pm - 8:45pm
Upon entry into each workout, a coach/director or other trained personnel member will administer a screening. Student athletes will wait in a socially distanced queue to participate in the screening. The screening will assess the following:
- Temperature: Must be lower than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Screening Questions:
- Shortness of breath?
- Student in contact with Covid-19?
Students who pass the screening with an acceptable temperature and "No" to all questions are admitted to that evening's open gym/tryouts session, while students who DO NOT pass the screening are sent home, followed by a phone call to their parents to explain.
For questions regarding the open gyms and tryouts, please contact Coach Dan Dinko at [email protected]org or 440-231-3282.
For questions regarding the Covid-19 screening, please contact Athletics Director Doug Snyder at [email protected] or 440-286-0414.