Tomorrow Starts Here

What's for Lunch


Free & Reduced Lunch

30 day carryover from t he Prior Year Students who were on Free & Reduced meal status at the end of the previous school year will carry-over. For the New School Year (2018-2019), this carry-over period ends September 28, 2018, unless a meal application is approved. As per USDA regulations, if your child qualifies for lesser level meal benefits (from free status to reduced-price status to reduced-price/free status to paid status); these changes will take effect 10 days from the date of application approval. If your child qualifies for higher level meal benefits (from paid/reduced-price status to free status or paid status to reduced-price status), these changes will take effect immediately upon application approval.

This allows for students nutritional needs to be met while parents are in the process of reapplying

 At Chardon Schools Food Services, we know that good nutrition and learning go hand in hand!

The Nutrition Services department is made up of a team of food and nutrition professionals that are dedicated to students' health, well-being and their ability to learn. We support learning by promoting healthy habits for lifelong nutrition and fitness practices.

New USDA Guidelines and Meal Patterns...

Meals, foods and beverages sold or served at schools meet state and federal requirements which are based on the USDA Dietary Guidelines. We provide students with access to a variety of affordable and appealing foods that meet the health and nutrition needs of students.

Josephine Culliton SNS

Questions Please Contact:

Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)   mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2)   fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3)  email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

View text-based website